PA State Law requires school volunteers to have the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse Clearance — NO FEE for volunteers; can be completed online
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check — NO FEE for volunteers; can be completed online
- Federal Criminal Background Check* (service code 1KG6Y3; $27.50 for electronic fingerprint submission)
- *If a resident of PA for at least 10 years, you may substitute a signed PA Resident Form and Waiver Request (NO FEE FOR WAIVER)
More info about required clearances is available from the PA Department of Human Services.
- Must be no more than 1 year old when first provided to the school.
- Must be updated every 5 years.
- Should be turned in to the school office.
Most volunteer tasks do require volunteers to have clearances on file, including:
- chaperoning field trips
- working with a small group of students or with an individual student
- driving a team/group to an activity
- chaperoning a student-only event
- helping in a classroom
- any task in which you are working directly with students
You do NOT need clearances on file for:
- attending a classroom presentation or party
- attending a school-sponsored event
- any task that does not involve working directly with students
If you have specific questions about your clearances, contact the school office at 412-247-7970.