Join the PCO Executive Committee! Nominations are now being collected for Executive Committee seats for the 2015/2016 school year. The deadline for nominations is May 15. The slate will be finalized and selections will be made randomly by draw from a hat at the PCO meeting on June 1. Nominations can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by a written letter placed in the PCO mailbox in the school office addressed to Nominating Committee. Please consider volunteering for our great school in this way!
The Executive Committee consists of fifteen seats, all of which are filled by parents of children currently enrolled as students at ECS. In accordance with the mission of the PCO, the Executive Committee shall: direct and plan the activities of the PCO in general; coordinate the specific efforts and activities of PCO committees and initiatives; facilitate communication within the school community (Board of Trustees, employees, and parents); and carry out all routine tasks necessary for the fulfillment of the PCO mission.
Executive Committee Responsibilities
• Attend and participate in PCO and Executive Committee meetings (up to one general PCO and one Executive Committee meeting per month throughout the school year.)
• Respond to or acknowledge all PCO related communication within 24 hours
• Demonstrate willingness to participate in committee work.
• Volunteer at schoolwide events and fundraisers.
• Follow the bylaws of the Executive Committee.
• Abide by the will of the majority.
• Respect the privacy of all business and members of the Executive Committee.
• Meet deadlines and fulfill commitments.
• Resign if unable to perform these responsibilities as a member of Executive Committee.