The PCO offers many ways to volunteer. We can help you find an opportunity that fits with your availability and interest. There are many at-home tasks that can be accomplished in your own time. See our PCO Committee list. To sign up, fill out the volunteer form.
Did you know… ?
- We know everyone is busy- we all have kids! We appreciate any amount you can contribute. Many hands make for lighter work!
- Most committee work is short term
- Most of the work takes place via email
- Committee meetings are scheduled at a time that the committee members can meet. No one is excluded because they work during the school day. Grade level rep meetings and some staff appreciation are exceptions as they need to happen while staff is present.
- You can still be involved even if you can’t attend regular meetings.
- Lost and Found volunteers are always needed and are welcome to come in off-school hours to work.
- Volunteering is a great way to meet other families and become part of the community.
- There are tasks like data entry, baking, shopping, and making calls that you can do on your own time.
- When there are day of volunteers needed, a Sign Up Genius Sheet will be shared via the Monday Blast, room parents, Facebook and other communications. The specific shifts will be explained and you can find the ones that fit your schedule.
- There isn’t a way to “buy out” of volunteering because we can’t hire staff to run things. Helping hands are just a necessity.
- We welcome any time you can give!
Here’s an overview of time expectations. All of these committees need volunteers to help day of; you don’t have to be a full committee member to lend a hand. Most volunteer tasks take 1-2 hours tops!
Committees that meet 2+ times in person as well as email communication and work on the day of the event:
- Fall Festival
- Fair Trade Marketplace
- Staff Appreciation
- Grade Level Reps
- Blooming Bash
- Steering Committee
Committees that meet 0-1 time but require some email and help on the day of the event:
- Movie Day
- Gingerbread House Building
- Lost and Found
- Wall Calendar
- Uniform Re-Use
- Plant Sale
- Book Fair
- Game Night
- Ice Skating
Committees that do everything via email:
Committees that just need resources:
- Box Tops
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about volunteering.