K-5 students are invited to bring their families to the playground at Forbes & Braddock for ECS Lower School Playdates on July 16 and August 13. The pavilion has been reserved and snacks will be available. Meet up with classmates and make new friends before school starts in August! Volunteer to help plan by contacting Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, July 16, 1-3pm
Sunday, August 13, 1-3pm
Several volunteer opportunities happen before the school year begins and we need you for a few key positions:
- The Lamination Squad – learn to laminate and then provide ongoing assistance with lamination throughout the school year.
- Busy Bees – we need someone to lead the Busy Bees and help the staff with tasks over the summer to help get ready for the new school year! We also need more Bees!
- Staff Appreciation – put together welcome letters and treats for the staff and distribute before school starts. The letter info will be given to you so you just need to get it copied. Treats will need to be purchased.
Other opportunities for volunteering are listed on the PCO sign-up page.
Contact Beth at email@example.com with questions.
There are two great fall events that are in need of someone to organize and run them. One is an adult-only mixer for ECS parents and staff. It’s a great way to build community relationships. We’ve hosted the free Autumn Chill chili cook-off the past 5 years with success and someone could plug into that model… or create their own! Our second event is the Frick Park Scavenger Hunt. This one is easy, but it needs a leader, planner and volunteers. If you want to help keep events like this going, we’d love to chat with you! Contact Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss further. We don’t want to lose these events but we need someone to take them on.
ECS 2017 Fall Festival will be held on Friday, October 6, 2017
Next year’s Fall Festival will celebrate the ECS community’s cultural diversity with demonstrations and activities representing our families from around the world. Please consider sharing your cultural heritage with our school community by planning an interactive table for Fall Festival! If you would like to participate, please fill out this form. If you have questions, please contact Kathryn at email@example.com.
-Fall Festival Planning Committee (Corinne, Kathryn, Gila, and Patrick)
ECS Urban Ecostewards needs your help keeping Frick Park healthy for future enjoyment! Saturday, June 17th, 10 am – noon. As always, we will meet at the parking lot next to the tennis courts. Bring footwear that can get muddy and a water bottle – we provide tools, gloves, and explanations.This is a fun way for the entire family to contribute to our natural environment! Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Ilona at 412-726-5969.
We are collecting clean, gently used uniform clothing starting May 30 through June 14. These donations will be offered at the PCO’s Uniform Re-use Market at a back-to-school event in August. Please bring in your outgrown clothes to the collection bins in either school building. Thank you! Contact email@example.com with any questions.
See our Kennywood Ticket page for information about this year’s Kennywood Day on June 16, 2017.
The PCO is organized and operated by a Steering Committee. For the upcoming school year, we are looking for up to six new members to help shape the year… to work together to plan and organize meetings, brainstorm ideas, spear-head fundraising efforts, plan fun events, and much more. The Steering Committee currently has the following openings available. We’d love to welcome some new faces to this friendly team.
- Members at Large – participate in activities of the Steering Committee including meetings, participate in PCO events, vote on important PCO decisions, and share thoughts and ideas.
- Lower School Vice Chair – assist the Chair in planning meetings and events, serve as parent representative for the Lower School, and check PCO mailbox once a week.
- Upper School Vice Chair – assist the Chair in planning meetings and events, serve as parent representative for the Upper School, and check PCO mailbox once a week.
- Treasurer – oversee the financial operations of the PCO including record keeping, reporting on budgets, and other financial activities.
This is an open, friendly, and welcoming team and we hope you will consider joining us as we continue our work in making ECS a great place for our kids, staff, and families.
More information about Steering Committee responsibilities
Every ECS student contributed to the grade-level artwork auctioned off at the Blooming Bash. Only nine lucky people have the fabulous originals hanging on their walls but you can own a copy of the Blooming Bash grade-level art too! All proceeds from these prints will go toward the Lower School Beautification Project. Order your print today!
Staff Appreciation Week is fast approaching! This is a great opportunity to show all the hard-working staff members at ECS how much we appreciate what they do for our kids every day. There are many options for how to get involved:
- Make a donation to purchase gift cards
(donate below). Update: We have received many generous donations and gift cards for the staff have been purchased. Thank you!
- Make or donate food items for the Upper School Staff Appreciation Luncheon on 5/3 or for the Lower School Staff Appreciation Luncheon on 5/4.
- Volunteer your time in the morning greeting students during lower school Drop-off Duty, monitoring breakfast, or helping in the cafeteria kitchen for our awesome lunch staff on the day of the luncheon.