THANK YOU to everyone who helped make Staff Appreciation Week a huge success this year! It was an amazing show of gratitude towards the hard-working teachers and staff. And a very special thanks to Double Wide Grill, Five Points Artisan Bakeshop, and Tula Organic Salon and Spa, for their generous donations to this event.
Order Deadline: Monday, May 13
Price: $17.00 per book
Delivery Date: 1st-2nd week in June.
SEND A NOTE – a simple thank you note from your family to your teacher can go a long way to make their day!
BREAKFAST We are starting the week off on Monday with a delicious breakfast for the staff at both schools. Sign up here to showcase that famous muffin recipe.
LUNCHEONS will be on May 9 at both schools. Sign up here.
CONTRIBUTE to the Staff Appreciation Fund ($10-15/student suggested). The Fund will cover gifts (ECS t-shirts), luncheon catering, snacks for the bus drivers and other treats to show our gratitude. Thanks for all of the generous contributions – we are not accepting any more at this time.
EMAIL Erika Bruce at email@example.com with questions.
The PCO’s Spring 2019 newsletter includes updates on Staff Appreciation Week, Booze for Brews, Earth Nite, Kennywood Day, fundraising, and more!
The PCO is collecting clean, gently used uniform clothing starting April 23 through May 3. Please place your donations in the collection bins in both school buildings. We will offer clothing for sale at the PCO’s Uniform Re-use Market ($2/item) at Earth Nite on May 3 in the Upper School Cafe. Cash, checks, and credit cards accepted. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
ECS’s annual Spring Flower & Plant Sale is back in time for Mother’s Day and Spring planting! Annual bedding flowers, a variety of beautiful hanging baskets, and patio planters will be available from the same vendor that Phipps Conservatory uses (so the plants will be fantastic!). We are also offering organic vegetable and herb seedlings from Grow Pittsburgh. The order deadline has passed. Pick-up your order May 3 at the Upper School.
Volunteers needed on May 3! Sign up here.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
At the March 2019 PCO meeting, Dr. Cribbs, Ms. Rendulic, and Ms. Robinson spoke to parents about how the school collects student data and how that data is used. For those who weren’t able to attend, please refer to this document for an overview of the topic.
Did you know… ?
- We know everyone is busy – we all have kids! We appreciate any amount you can contribute. Many hands make for lighter work!
- Most committee work is short term
- Most of the work takes place via email
- Committee meetings are scheduled at a time that the committee members can meet. No one is excluded because they work during the school day. Grade level rep meetings and some staff appreciation are exceptions as they need to happen while staff is present.
- You can still be involved even if you can’t attend regular meetings.
- Lost and Found volunteers are always needed and are welcome to come in off-school hours to work.
- Volunteering is a great way to meet other families and become part of the community.
- There are tasks like data entry, baking, shopping, and making calls that you can do on your own time.
- When there are day of volunteers needed, a Sign Up Genius Sheet will be shared via the Monday Blast, room parents, Facebook and other communications. The specific shifts will be explained and you can find the ones that fit your schedule.
- There isn’t a way to “buy out” of volunteering because we can’t hire staff to run things. Helping hands are just a necessity.
- We welcome any time you can give!
Show off your ECS pride with a magnet for your car or refrigerator for $5! Order your magnet today, and we will deliver it to your child’s classroom.