The Mini-Grants program is open to all staff members, parents, and community members. We invite and encourage each grade level to participate.
PCO Mini-Grants are awarded up to a limit of $500 dollars each (new limit for 2017-2018), and are selected and voted on within two weeks of the deadlines.
The Application Process
- Complete the application.
- Submit the application to email@example.com and cc: all project team members on the email message.
- The PCO Mini-Grants Committee will review the applications and decide which to recommend. Each application will be assigned a score based on a set of criteria. The committee may request additional information to clarify sections of the application.
- All PCO members attending the next general PCO meeting will vote on whether or not to award the recommended applications.
- Applicants will be notified of the approval or rejection within one week of the vote.
Once an application has been approved, the money will be dispersed in one of several ways:
- reimbursement of expenses;
- a check provided at the beginning of the expense period. Any extra money left over at the end will have to be returned to the PCO;
- direct payment to the vendor by the PCO.
All expense receipts must be submitted to the PCO mailbox in the office, 60 days after grant is approved.
- number of students the mini-grant benefits;
- level of enhancement or innovation;
- how much of what is bought is reusable;
- if there are maintenance costs are associated, the solution for the long-term costs;
- how closely tied the mini-grant is to the curriculum.
Note: We are unable to fund field trips.
Each of these criteria will receive a rating of 1 – 5 from members of the Mini-Grants Committee, with 5 being the best possible number for each. Mini-grants will be selected for recommendation based on which ones get the highest overall scores.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may have. Thank you for your dedication and commitment to ECS students!