ECS’s annual Spring Flower & Plant Sale is back in time for Mother’s Day and Spring planting! Annual bedding flowers, a variety of beautiful hanging baskets, and patio planters will be available from the same vendor that Phipps Conservatory uses (so the plants will be fantastic!). We are also offering organic vegetable and herb seedlings from Grow Pittsburgh. Place your order online. A paper order form can also be printed out from this site and turned in to either school office. Order by April 12 and pick-up May 3 at the Upper School. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the March 2019 PCO meeting, Dr. Cribbs, Ms. Rendulic, and Ms. Robinson spoke to parents about how the school collects student data and how that data is used. For those who weren’t able to attend, please refer to this document for an overview of the topic.
Did you know… ?
- We know everyone is busy – we all have kids! We appreciate any amount you can contribute. Many hands make for lighter work!
- Most committee work is short term
- Most of the work takes place via email
- Committee meetings are scheduled at a time that the committee members can meet. No one is excluded because they work during the school day. Grade level rep meetings and some staff appreciation are exceptions as they need to happen while staff is present.
- You can still be involved even if you can’t attend regular meetings.
- Lost and Found volunteers are always needed and are welcome to come in off-school hours to work.
- Volunteering is a great way to meet other families and become part of the community.
- There are tasks like data entry, baking, shopping, and making calls that you can do on your own time.
- When there are day of volunteers needed, a Sign Up Genius Sheet will be shared via the Monday Blast, room parents, Facebook and other communications. The specific shifts will be explained and you can find the ones that fit your schedule.
- There isn’t a way to “buy out” of volunteering because we can’t hire staff to run things. Helping hands are just a necessity.
- We welcome any time you can give!
Show off your ECS pride with a magnet for your car or refrigerator for $5! Order your magnet today, and we will deliver it to your child’s classroom.
Want to know how our fundraisers have done this year? Or what we’re raising money for? More info about past and upcoming events? Check out our ECS PCO Winter 2019 Newsletter.
Please join other ECS parents and guardians for pizza and a discussion with Dr. Mandy Cribbs on Thursday, March 14. We will meet at 6:30 at the Upper School Cafe. Dr. Cribbs will be sharing information about how the school uses data (from PSSAs and other sources) to inform instruction. She will be available to take questions on other topics as well. Childcare for school-aged children will be provided. email@example.com
All ECS parents, please complete our short survey (less than 5 minutes) to help us understand what we’re doing well and where we can improve. The expansion provides us with an opportunity to restructure and redouble our efforts, and we want your feedback about how we can best serve the ECS community moving forward. All responses are anonymous, and ONE LUCKY WINNER will be randomly selected to win 4 FRONT ROW SEATS to the Spring Concert of their choosing (or some awesome ECS swag if you don’t have kids in a concert). Winner will be selected Tuesday, March 12. Click here now!
Please join the ECS PCO for a day at the movies on Friday, March 8th at 2pm! You can choose between two movies: Captain Marvel or How To Train Your Dragon 3. Pre-registration is required by Sunday, March 3rd (pay at the door). Tickets are $7.50/person and concession specials (small popcorn/drink) will be available for $5. Please note that space is limited. Reserve your spot here. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have rescheduled the ECS ice skating at the Schenley Park ice rink for February 22 during the public skate session from 1:30-3:30. This is for all ages, and guests are welcome too. Admission is $5 for adults and $2 for kids; skate rental is $3. Please bring CASH ONLY, and exact change is appreciated. Contact: email@example.com
The PCO has compiled some answers to common questions about how weather delays and cancellations work at ECS as a charter school serving multiple school districts. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for more info.